Re: Regarding exceptions

> Sorry about that...I wanted to point to
> http://www.freetype.org/david/reliable-c.html
> for information about exception handling in C.

Yes, but that's pointless because high-level libraries
use different techniques to implement exception
handling.

Guile for example currently uses setjmp and longjmp to
implement exceptions (and it copies the stack if you
want to jump back into a continuation).  So the above
exeption handling may be useful for the current guile
implementation.

But imagine they implement Henry Baker's cute
algorithm and implement exception handling on top of
it.  For such program a library that uses
setjmp/longjmp to implement one-shot continuations
would be a real problem.

-> www.call-with-current-continuation.org

Jost

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de