Re: Decision on file chooser error reporting

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 14:47, Owen Taylor wrote:
> I spent some time looking through all uses of GtkFileChooser in
> GNOME modules, and reading people's mails, and the decision I
> think we should take is:
>
>  We should add gboolean returns to file chooser functions that
>  can fail, but we will not added GError * arguments to existing
>  functions.
>
>  In the future, we'll have the option of adding additional API
>  to expose a GError * if there is demand.

Ok, I changed these to have gboolean return values:

	gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder
	gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder_uri
	gtk_file_chooset_select_filename
	gtk_file_chooser_select_uri
	gtk_file_chooser_set_filename
	gtk_file_chooser_set_uri

And I made these internal APIs return gboolean and take in a GError:

	_gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder_path
	_gtk_file_chooser_select_path

There are the corresponding changes in the private GtkFileChooserIface.

  Federico