Re: glib 2.2.3/2.3.2 binary incompatibility

Hans Breuer writes:
 > The def file syntax allows a much more simple way :

 > This way they are in the DLL but not the LIB, that's what the optional
 > keyword PRIVATE is all about. (Problem solved at least for the msvc
 > build ;)

Unfortunately, it seems that GNU binutils doesn't obey the PRIVATE
keyword in .def files. Not the 2.13.90 version I have, and I don't see
any indication that it would be supported in the sources of the
2.15.90 version available as a "candidate" from the mingw download
page, either.

Or does anybody on the mingw list know better?

--tml