Re: is gdk_grab_pointer grabbing all XInput devices now?

Apologies for replying to myself - an update:

Hi:

Tracing a serious blocker with GOK, I looked into the gdk sources. It looks to me initially as if gdkmain-x11.c's call to _gdk_input_grab_pointer might be grabbing the non-corepointer XInput devices!
Turns out that the xinput devices are still readable from an Xlib-only client. Looks as though the issue has to do with window modality - though an external client can continue to get the input events while the nautilus modal window is posted, GOK cannot, the events are getting queued for later delivery (they get unblocked after the dialog is dismissed). Odd thing is, this doesn't happen if the dialog is posted "normall", i.e. from nautilus using the mouse, it only happens if the dialog is posted via an at-spi command from GOK! Possibly some weird WM bug having to do with focus - though GOK never gets focus, if the dialog is invoked from GOK then it acts 'modal to GOK' with regard to input events.

Any further insight still appreciated. I'll probably take this to desktop-devel-list if more email is warranted, though there certainly could be gtk+ involvement here as well.

regards,

- Bill