is gdk_grab_pointer grabbing all XInput devices now?

Hi:

Tracing a serious blocker with GOK, I looked into the gdk sources. It looks to me initially as if gdkmain-x11.c's call to _gdk_input_grab_pointer might be grabbing the non-corepointer XInput devices! That would seriously break accessibility since disabled users who can't use a standard keyboard or mouse need to use XInput to drive alternatives like GOK. But the sources don't seem to have been recently changed.. can someone point me to a reason why this behavior should suddenly start impacting us? Maybe I am misreading the sources - can anyone confirm whether or not non-corepointer XInput devices are currently being grabbed during gdk_pointer_grab? If they are that would make gdk_pointer_grab seriously toxic to accessibility, so I hope that is not the case.

In any case I'd appreciate insight into the apparent grabbing of the XInput devices, which occurs for instance during the posting of Nautilus/eel alert dialogs like the one about 'no action associated' with a file type.

thanks in advance,

Bill