Re: GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS

Hi,

Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> > libs in order to benefit from the new GTK+ file chooser. IMO it was
> > already a bad idea to call the VFS layer gnome-vfs.
>
> I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that the name is all
> that matters? So, If we called libgnomeui libusefulwidgets instead, the
> anti-GNOME users wouldn't complain?

I know that it is stupid, but yes, I do believe that the name matters
for a lot of people. It's a good thing that libxml2 isn't called
gnome-xml any longer and it has certainly helped it's widespread
acceptance. If gnome-vfs wouldn't be dependent on bonobo and wouldn't
have gnome in it's name, that would make it easier for applications
that aren't strictly GNOME apps to depend on it. I am not trying to
convince you to do a name change, I am only outlining that the name
can matter.

Sven