Re: GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 19:56, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Evan Martin <martine danga com> writes:
>
> > As an author of one of those programs, I sorta agree with your
> > reasoning.  I just got a bug report from someone asking why my program
> > wasn't obeying the GNOME proxy settings.  I would use them if I knew a
> > reliable way to query them that wouldn't alienate all of my anti-GNOME
> > users!
>
> This is a clear indicator that having GNOME proxy settings is a bad
> idea. Such settings should be shared between desktop implementations.
> Is there an effort to standardize these settings on Free Desktop?
>
> I disagree with Evan. It shouldn't be necessary to link to any GNOME
> libs in order to benefit from the new GTK+ file chooser. IMO it was
> already a bad idea to call the VFS layer gnome-vfs.

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that the name is all
that matters? So, If we called libgnomeui libusefulwidgets instead, the
anti-GNOME users wouldn't complain?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a hate-fuelled gay vagrant on the run. She's a beautiful French-Canadian
bodyguard from out of town. They fight crime!