Re: 2.3.0 release

On 2003.10.23 11:23 Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Absolutely. I don't want to use it, but it would be great to
> starting thinking about how I'm going to build 2.4 with its
> new dependencies. Do we know if these, at least, are pretty
> much frozen yet?

There are
23 bugs left on the GLib 2.4 API freeze milestone
12 bugs left on the Pango 1.4 API freeze milestone

Yes. Obviously I didn't ask my question clearly enough! What I
was wanting to know is the chance of the dependencies of Gtk+
changing between 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 (whether the change being the
addition of a new dependency or the need for a newer version of
a dependency than required in 2.3.0). I'm not expecting a
definitive answer, but it would help to know roughly where we
stood in this regard (and the likely nature of the change so
that I can hedge my bets would also be handy). Just in case I
get misunderstood again, I'm only worried about dependencies
outside of the Gtk+ sphere (ie., excluding atk, glib & pango).

Cheers,

Ali.