Re: GtkToolbar drag and drop

Am Fr, den 10.10.2003 schrieb Michael Meeks um 13:57:
> 	My feeling is that things that tend to distort the underlying order of
> nodes in the XML <-> View are rather unhelpful; the pack_end behaviour
> seems a prime candidate for the chop; also if you're doing that - I
> suspect the UIManager's 'add_ui' 'top' gboolean needs to go as well
> [always append] ( it's all theoretically doable with placeholders) -
> which reminds me - is the 'default' placeholder concept in place ?

Why do you think that a close correspondence between the ordering in xml
and ui is important ? What problems does the "top" flag cause ?

If you are interested in a stable ui order independent of the order in
which the merges happen, then removing "top" won't help. You either have
to keep different components from ever using the same container (ie
always have separate placeholders) or insert instead of append/prepend
items and keep the containers in some sorted order.

Would you mind giving a quick explanation of the 'default' placeholder
concept ?

Matthias