Toolbar editor

Hi,

is there any plan to have a toolbar editor based on EggMenu in libegg ?

I think it would be a good idea:
- useful for the apps ported to the new toolbar api (at least epiphany,
marlin and anjuta already need it). Some of them are already starting their
own implementation or cut/paste epiphany code. A common place to develop
it would avoid the mess.
- help to design an interface that can work for most apps
- find and fix EggMenu/EggToolbar problems regard editing before they are
included in gtk

In epiphany we started working on a drag and drop based implementation,
you can see it at:
http://www.prettypeople.org/~iain/tbe-iain-5.png
I think it's the more usable approach but it would need some work to make
it accessible, one reason more to share the code.

Current design is based on two objects.

EphyToolbarsGroup:
The model. All EditableToolbar instance share it.
EphyEditableToolbar :
The view. It has an _edit api that shows the dialog.
We will need a way to add support for custom drag and drop types and a way
for application to create EggActions for them (we use it for bookmarks in
epiphany).

You can see the code in epiphany module (gnome cvs)

lib/widgets/ephy-editable-toolbar.c/h
lib/widgets/ephy-toolbars-group.c/h

If there is interest to have this in libegg, me and iain could mantain it,
we need to work on it for marlin and epiphany anyway.
I'd be happy to try to address eventual design problems.

Let me know.

Marco