- From: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Subject: Re: GtkColorPickerButton
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:46:40 -0500
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 02:08:54PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> If you try to use the color combo for the gnome-panel prefs, it will
> suck because the common case will take 6-7 steps plus some complexity,
> instead of 3-4 simple steps.
Dunno about that. Selecting a non-palette colour from the combo
only adds 1 or 2 (depending on how you count) steps.
- button down - button down
- drag to custom - button release
- button release
Then the selector comes up.
> So based on that argument, I would include both widgets. But some
> nice docs on when to use each wouldn't hurt.
I'm not sure there is alot of utility in having distinct widgets.
The selector is a simple specialization of the combo. The
interfaces to get/set colour and potentially querying history should
] [Thread Prev