Re: GtkColorPickerButton

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 02:08:54PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> If you try to use the color combo for the gnome-panel prefs, it will
> suck because the common case will take 6-7 steps plus some complexity,
> instead of 3-4 simple steps.

Dunno about that.   Selecting a non-palette colour from the combo
only adds 1 or 2 (depending on how you count) steps.
    Combo                      Selector
    - button down		- button down
    - drag to custom		- button release
    - button release

Then the selector comes up.

> So based on that argument, I would include both widgets.  But some
> nice docs on when to use each wouldn't hurt.

I'm not sure there is alot of utility in having distinct widgets.
The selector is a simple specialization of the combo.  The
interfaces to get/set colour and potentially querying history should
be identical.