Re: gtk2 and core dumps

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 13:08, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:
> I'm trying to debug a segv in a gtk2 app, but am unable to convince it
> to leave a core dump.
>
> Unlimited ulimit and/or using --disable-crash-dialog failed to either
> leave a core or skip the crash dialog.
>
> How does one get a core dump?

If you have the crash dialog, you have a GNOME app not a
a plain GTK+ app, soit's offtopic for this list, even if this list
was for questions about programming with GTK+ :-)

(export GNOME_DISABLE_CRASH_DIALOG=1 is probably what you want,
though really, attaching to the process with 'gdb program pid'
is at least as good as debugging a core dump in most cases.
And the crash dialog helpfully has the pid in it.)