Re: tracking down win32 GDI object leaks in GTK

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Tim Evans writes:
 > Actually, I just found one attached to this article:
 >      http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/01/GDILeaks/default.aspx
> > I downloaded and compiled GdiUsage.exe with VC6
How did you manage that? I tried, and got nowhere.... lots of missing
*.rc and *.h files. I assumed the source and MSVC projects were for XP
and VS.NET only, and gave up... (I run Win2k, and have access to MSVC6
at work.) I couldn't run the included binaries either, due to not
having mfc70.dll.

It worked right away for me. The only difference I can think of is that I have the latest MS Platform SDK, and I've put the new 'include' and 'lib' directories at the start of my search path in VC6.

The binaries that I compiled don't depend on MFC70, they use MFC42. I'll email my binaries individually to anyone that wants them.

--
Tim Evans
Applied Research Associates NZ