tracking down win32 GDI object leaks in GTK

I have found a GDI object leak in the win32 version of GTK+2.2.4. I have filed a bug report here:

Does anyone have any experience finding and fixing this sort of bug? This is causing problems in a product that we are supposed to be shipping soon, so I need to fix this.

According to these bugs are easier to find under Windows 9x because it can tell numbers for each type of GDI object. I only have Windows 200 and XP machines here. Could someone who has a Windows 98 machine please download the GDIUsage code from the above URL and tell me what type of GDI object(s) are being leaked?

Tim Evans
Applied Research Associates NZ