Re: gep announce mass subscription

It's significantly different than spam,
1) you *can* opt-out
2) there was strong reason to believe that anyone on one of those lists
would want to be on gep-announce (I count myself one of them)
3) I was a little irritated by being automatically subscribed, but it is
a list I would have wanted to be subscribed to anyway and would have
grumbled more strongly about having missed the announcement or not
recieved one and not been subscribed.

Havoc, assuming there is more than just one "outraged" reply to this,
next time such a thing happens, is it possible to send out the
confirmation e-mail rather than skipping that and just mass-subscribing
people? (In an attempt to comprimise between the "we've subscribed you
to another list, resistance is futile" outrage and "please subscribe, we
think you'll be interested in this new list" lack of participation).
All this is dependant on there being more than mild irritation from the
majority of participants, of course; don't fix it if it isn't really
broken.

--Shahms