Re: [Usability]clipboard/selection behavior

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 05:06:36PM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> > Thank you for the useful info.  A propos, can anyone tell me why gedit
> > and gnome-terminal won't accept the X selection for pasting?  I.e.
> > highlighting text in an xterm and doing mouse-2 in gedit (I'm
> > currently running 2.0.5) produces no effect, while pasting into nedit
> > or emacs works fine.
> >
> Works fine for me. (tested with g-t not gedit, but should work
> either way)

[Pauses to try various experiments.] I find that no gtk-2 apps on my
system will respond to mouse 2 by pasting the X selection (though
their Copy/Paste menu items work OK).  The other way works.  E.g.  if
I open a nedit window and a gedit window, I can highlight text in
gedit and paste into nedit with mouse-2, but if I highlight text in
nedit and do mouse-2 in gedit, nothing happens.

I guess my system must be messed up in some way -- any ideas on what
way?

Allin Cottrell.