Re: Thoughts on combo replacement

ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:
> If we finally have the click-hold down-release UI for combos, the undo
> combo becomes much more intuitive since as you drag the mouse you see the
> selection constatnly changing. This also happens with the current undo
> combo, but you hve to release the mouse button before clicking on the list
> again to drag it.

I'm worried that the click-holddown-release UI isn't implemented in
GAL combo precisely because it's very difficult to implement when you
have arbitrary widgets involved. I could be wrong but IIRC current
GtkCombo goes through quite a bit of pain to get this to work with the
list, and basically relies on all kinds of GtkList-specific behavior
for that.

Havoc