Re: broken accelerator changes
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: broken accelerator changes
- Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:11:28 -0500 (EST)
Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:
> Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> > shipping 2.0 without accel changing has a bunch of inaccaptable impacts that
> > i'm not seeing you considering (beyond what i already mentioned):
> > - some applications (the gimp, beast) will implement their own hackery to
> > enable runtime changable accels by default because their users need it
> > and are used to it. this leads to gtk+ applications behaving inconsistenly
> > and probably session/desktop wide settings to not take effect in some
> > applications.
> Tim is absolutely right. We will not accept the removal of runtime
> changeable accels in The GIMP. I'd also vote for changing the default
> to allow accelerator changes again.
- Changeable accelerators in the GIMP aren't workable unless you allow
- Allowing changing unmodified accelerators by default is worse
than allowing complicated key combinations ... they are easier to
accidentally hit, and have larger impact.
] [Thread Prev