Re: Debugging after mouse pointer grabbed

snickell stanford edu writes:

> We're running into a problem with Eclipse (an IDE that's using GTK2)
> when a breakpoint is hit in a section where the process has the mouse
> pointer grabbed (for example, during a drag). The process breaks, so the
> mouse pointer is never released and so no mouse clicking can be done.
> Specifically one can no longer use the debugger to fix the problem, at
> least not using the mouse. Any bright ideas or suggestions?

GDK_DEBUG=no_grabs is the obvious solution, but it only works with
GTK+ built with --enable-debug.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to doing the Qt thing and automatically
disabling grabs when running under gdb.

(Note: we can't take a patch for this from someone who looks at the Qt
source to see how it does it.)

But then again, that doesn't really solve the problem for language
bindings like Python, Java, etc, so maybe we just need to honor a
separate environment variable for turning off grabbing.