Re: Debugging after mouse pointer grabbed
- From: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- To: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list mail gnome org
- Subject: Re: Debugging after mouse pointer grabbed
- Date: 09 Jul 2002 16:25:46 -0400
On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 17:17, snickell stanford edu wrote:
> We're running into a problem with Eclipse (an IDE that's using GTK2)
> when a breakpoint is hit in a section where the process has the mouse
> pointer grabbed (for example, during a drag). The process breaks, so the
> mouse pointer is never released and so no mouse clicking can be done.
> Specifically one can no longer use the debugger to fix the problem, at
> least not using the mouse. Any bright ideas or suggestions?
1. run with --gdk-debug=NOGRABS (or something very similar...)
2. run the debugger from console / second X display
3. run in xemacs using gnuclient, and debug from the console / seperate
4. (on os x you can just use the terminal - X grabs don't grab the
mouse from the native UI).
] [Thread Prev