Re: [Usability] RFC: #61866

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 12:05, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> David Moles <david moles vykor com> writes:
>
> > Is implementing "forward" and "backward" separate from "left" and
> > "right" something the internationalization libraries help you do,
> > or is it something you'd have to be lucky to think of?
>
> <offtopic>

[snipped]

> </offtopic>

I'm clear on that. :) What I'm worried about is the scenario
where someone mistakenly implements forward/backward on top of
left/right, or left/right on top of forward/backward -- does
that make sense? So they either map "forward means right" or
"right means forward" in their heads (and their code), and it's
only valid for left-to-right text. Then either the cursor keys
or the C-f/C-b shortcuts break in right-to-left (depending on
which way their mistake went).