Xft version 2 patches for gtk+ and pango

I've redesigned the insides of Xft to solve many problems uncovered by
Gtk+, Qt and Mozilla.  Some of those solutions have caused some
source-level incompatibilities, others have offered ways to solve problems
currently kludged around with ugly hacks.

One important change is that when using the XftDraw API, applications can
use client-side text on all X servers, not just those supporting the Render
extension.  This means that Pango layout can take advantage of the local
font data on every desktop, not just modern XFree86-based X servers.

I've patched Gtk+ and Pango to work with the new API; it might also
compile against the old headers, but I haven't tested that.

XFree86 will not install old Xft headers with XFree86 4.3, although we
will continue to provide the old shared library.

The patch is available at

	http://keithp.com/~keithp/download/pango-gtk-xft.diff

It's against CVS from yesterday evening.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab