Xft version 2 patches for gtk+ and pango

I've redesigned the insides of Xft to solve many problems uncovered by
Gtk+, Qt and Mozilla.  Some of those solutions have caused some
source-level incompatibilities, others have offered ways to solve problems
currently kludged around with ugly hacks.

One important change is that when using the XftDraw API, applications can
use client-side text on all X servers, not just those supporting the Render
extension.  This means that Pango layout can take advantage of the local
font data on every desktop, not just modern XFree86-based X servers.

I've patched Gtk+ and Pango to work with the new API; it might also
compile against the old headers, but I haven't tested that.

XFree86 will not install old Xft headers with XFree86 4.3, although we
will continue to provide the old shared library.

The patch is available at

It's against CVS from yesterday evening.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab