Focus events on GtkPlug.

I have a gnome2 panel with the stock ticker applet (gtik2-applet2) on it.

If I tab to the stock ticker applet, the left button receives focus and I can
press the space bar to activate the button.

After the button is activated the X window corresponding to the GtkPlug for the
applet receives FocusIn and FocusOut events. When gtk_window_focus_in_event() is
called as a consequence of the FocusIn event window->has_focus is already set.
The FocusOut event causes gtk_window_focus_out_event() to be called; this causes
the GtkPlug to lose focus which has the consequence that the button is no longer
focused.

Can anyone offer me a suggestion why the FocusIn and FocusOut events occur?

Should GtkPlug ignore FocusIn and FocusOut events on the grounds that focusing
the GtkPlug should only occur via gtk_plug_focus()?

Padraig