Re: GtkTextView overtype mode
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker act-europe fr>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GtkTextView overtype mode
- Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:20:53 +0200
> > A random question that just occurred to me while drafting my bit of the
> > GNOME UI guidelines... does GtkTextView support overtype mode (by
> > hitting the Insert key), and if so, does the cursor change appropriately
> > (the convention being to change from the I-beam to a block cursor)?
> Yes, and no. Good point on the cursor thing; hrm, now to find time to
> implement it...
Coming from Emacs and vi, I've always used the block cursor. I find the
I-beam cursor hard to see and follow when moving it. Would it be
possible to allow the usage of the block-cursor even in non-override
] [Thread Prev