Re: u/int64 support for glib, status?

  Just to add my 2 cents...

  I fail to see the problem of including 'gint64'. This is truly a
necessity, because sometimes you really need to have control of the
size of an integer variable. Going through the madness of "is long
long available and it's >= 64 bits?" every time you need such a thing
is simply waste of time.

  If 64-bit integers are not commonly available yet, simply make it
compile-time checked. I think it is unfortunate to prevent its
inclusion on glib just because some architectures might not have it.

  And IMHO 'glonglong' and variations are not very useful, because
they simply mimic the C types and bring no advantages.

  Regards,
    Marcelo