Re: u/int64 support for glib, status?

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 03:41:25PM -0700, Erik Walthinsen wrote:
> I just don't like the idea of everyone "KNOWING" that a BIGINT is 64 bits,
> just because, um, well, it *is*.  If I need to have 64 bits of data, I
> would like to specify that I need 64 or more bits of data explicitly.
> Most people won't care, and thus use INT or BIGINT as they wish, and use
> the param limits for what they're designed for.

This is off-topic.  If you want types with exact bit-widths then you
can write autoconf macros.

What we are discussing is whether glib can accomodate five types of
integers instead of four: char, short, int, long, *and* llong.

In my opinion: nevermind about the exact bit-widths.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!
  http://sahajayoga.org