Re: segfault in glib-mkenums

At 10:51 Uhr -0700 14.09.2001, Darin Adler wrote:
on 9/14/01 10:40 AM, Max Horn at max quendi de wrote:

 That is, this line will segfault:

  glib-mkenums gtkctree.h

 For all other files, it does not segfault for me. As a temporary
 measure, I just do not process that file, but of course this is not a
 proper solution. Could somebody look into this? Does it work properly
 on other platforms?

It works properly for me on Linux.

The glib-mkenums tool is a perl script. If it's segfaulting, then it's
probably a perl version or installation issue.

OK I found out a workaround: it crashes for me if a comment in an input file spans more than 20 lines! So I was able to work around the problem by shortening the legal header of gtkctree.h. The problem also occured in some of the other files as it turned out.

A bug in the perl version I have here I guess. Maybe a stack overflow or whatever.

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max quendi de>