Mac OS X Port of GTK+

Hey all,

First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Finlay, I'm 14, and I'm from the UK. I use Mac OS X as my main OS. I have been using GTK+ under XFree86, but there is a large overhead imposed by this, and it's not terribly well integrated to OS X. I am willing to head a project to bring GTK+ natively to Quartz, OS X's graphics environment and window server.

I am planning on using the Cocoa API, which is actually Objective-C. At first glance, it looks like I'll need to rework a lot of gdk. Anybody want to give me a quick overview of where to start and how to tackle this? Should I work on the 1.2 or the 1.3 codebase? Anyone interested in helping out? :-)

 -- Finlay