gnome-vfs not initializing threads

on 9/6/01 7:20 PM, Michael Meeks at michael ximian com wrote:

> This wasn't really a criticism of gnome-vfs; but ... now you say
> that - if it's possible it might be a nice idea - since eg. the ORB does a
> whole load of conditional locking that it would be nice to avoid having to
> do most of the time.

On reflection, this gives a reason why it might not be acceptable to
initialize the threads later. There may be CORBA stuff in progress already
when you do your first async. call, and I'm not sure how it would handle the
mix of locking for new calls and not having locked for older ones.

So I guess we should not go there.

(And this is the wrong mailing list -- sorry.)

    -- Darin