Re: Pango Binding Advice
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Pango Binding Advice
- Date: 13 Oct 2001 15:44:30 -0400
Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au> writes:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >Omit. Writing a backend in non-C would be pretty useless.
> Omitting leads to one more question. I have classes that derive from a
> GObject encapsulation. Would it be reasonable to derived classes
> privately from PangoFontFamily and PangoFontFace ignoring the fact
> they inherit from GObject. PangoFontFamily and PangoFontFace are
> declared within the PANGO_ENABLE_BACKEND define.
I don't quite understand:
- How could you ignore the fact that they inherit from GObject?
- Why would you want to derive from these types unless you were
implementing a new backend?
] [Thread Prev