Re: G_TYPE_INT64

vishnu pobox com writes:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 01:19:09AM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > Could you prepare a patch that adds the missing parts from your
> > patch with the int64 names?
> >
> > I'll check it over for basic sanity (unless Tim beats me to it.)
>
> Any progress on this patch?  Anything i can do to help?

I'm looking at it now.

Hints for the future on getting your patches reviewed quickly:

 * Separate out "controversial" and uncontroversial changes.

   (In this case, it's the removing of conditionalization
   which whether right or wrong needs to be done in _all_
   of GLib, not just in GObject.)

 * If you want to reorder or reformat code portions, either
   do that first in a "obviously correct" patch then send
   the real patch which will be small, or alternatively
   send the real patch first, then when it is accepted
   send another patch which reformats to the desired order.

   (In this case, it's the reordering you did.)

Basically, the smaller the patch, the quicker it will
get reviewed. A 300 line patch will get reviewed faster than
a 864 line patch.