Re: PangoXft and PangoFT2 patch from hell

Hans Breuer writes:
 > I'm not sure if it really should _not_ create a monochrome bitmap,
 > given that the resulting bitmap already was huge.

True, there must have been some other related problem in that case,
that caused the image to come out blank (on Win2k, at least).

Actually, it is better to use at least 16bpp bitmaps here, as
pango-win32 should be able to have Windows produce anti-aliased
characters. (See the docs for CreateFont().)  sets the lfQuality field
in the LOGFONT to ANTIALIASED_QUALITY. At some point I do remember
that this used to work in (the pre-Pango) GTK+ 1.3.0 at least, and
IIRC in pango-win32, too. I don't know why it doesn't seem to work now
in pango-win32.

Umm, now I notice that the code that uses ANTIALIASED_QUALITY setting
is not active, it is inside #if _WE_WANT_GLOBAL_ALIASES_ (alexl
2001-08-09). Time for some hacking to see where else
ANTIALIASED_QUALITY could be turned on...

--tml