Re: PangoXft and PangoFT2 patch from hell

At 01:41 21.11.01 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>Hans Breuer writes:
> > Yeah, exactly before writing the last mail. But probably my
> > local tree diverges somewhat with cvs due to Alex last commit
> > and some time restriction.
>
>There are some strange stuff in that program. Like:
>
>  if (cClrBits != 24)
>    pbmi = (PBITMAPINFO) GlobalAlloc(LPTR,
>				    sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER) +
>				    sizeof(RGBQUAD) * (2^cClrBits));
>
>What if cClrBits == 32?
>
>What is that ^ (xor) operator doing there (and in another place)?
>cut-and-paste from code written by somebody who thought ^ was an
>exponentiation operator?

Now when thinking about it looks strange indeed. Maybe I should have
checked, after copying from the MSDN Sample :) [VC5.0 : 'Storing an Image']

>Also, if cClrBits >= 24, the biClrUsed field is never initialised.

Probably the code was written before there where so much bits
supported by windos ...

>There is also a bug in the creation the bitmap. The DC passed to
>CreateCompatibleBitmap should be the DC of the window, not the memory
>DC created by CreateCompatibleDC (as that memory DC initially has a
>1x1 *monochrome* bitmap selected into it).
>
>With these problems fixed, it works for me.

I'm not sure if it really should _not_ create a monochrome bitmap,
given that the resulting bitmap already was huge.

Anyway, thanks for fixing it.

	Hans