Re: config.h

Hi,

Skip Montanaro <skip pobox com> writes:

> Python does both, and I assume for good reason.

/me shudders.

> When people write C
> extension modules, it provides them with the same (extensive) set of
> #defines used to compile Python.  It's unreasonable to expect everyone to
> write and maintain their own configure scripts.  I don't write C-based Gtk
> apps, but if I did, I would find it useful to have the information the Gtk
> authors gleaned from the system available to me.  Why should I reinvent the
> wheel?

that's the purpose of GLib/GTK+. Just use the datatypes and wrapper
functions from GLib and you will be able to write portable code that works
(almost) everywhere without having to work around platform-specific details.
All the important information the GLib authors gleaned from the system when
you ran configure is contained in the libs.

Salut, Sven