Re: config.h

    Jon> No good, right-thinking library should ever install its config.h
    Jon> file or #include "config.h" in any of its headers.

    Jon> I doubt very much that gtk+ is doing this.  If it is, it is a
    Jon> serious bug.

Python does both, and I assume for good reason.  When people write C
extension modules, it provides them with the same (extensive) set of
#defines used to compile Python.  It's unreasonable to expect everyone to
write and maintain their own configure scripts.  I don't write C-based Gtk
apps, but if I did, I would find it useful to have the information the Gtk
authors gleaned from the system available to me.  Why should I reinvent the
wheel?

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com - http://www.mojam.com/)