Re: PangoXft and PangoFT2 patch from hell

Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>
> > Alex Larsson writes:
> >  > > What do you suggest 'for now'. I guess porting mini-xft is at least
> >  > > some hours of work. A _really_ short look at the code gave me the
> >  > > impression, that it is tightly bound to the *ix way of doing things.
> >
> > Well, just making it build (with gcc; MSVC will need some #ifdef
> > HAVE_UNISTD_H etc) was not that hard. Whether it actually does
> > anything sensible is another matter. Anybody have a simple (but not
> > too simple) working test program for pangoft2? (I don't think the old
> > viewer-ft2.c in Pango's examples compiles any longer?) What should an
> > XftConfig file look like? (Oh well, that can probably be found on the
> > web.)
>
> I normally try it with libgnomecanvas. But I don't know if you want to
> build that on win32.
>
> Perhaps we should restore viewer-ft2.c.

viewer-ft2.c is fundementally unfixable because it depends on
having copy of GTK+ that you can link to the same GLib as
Pango but that doesn't require Pango.

Perhaps there could be a viewer-ft2-win32.c that uses GDI
calls directly for drawing... libgnomecanvas shouldn't be hard
to get going on Win32, however.