Re: disting po2tbl.sed.in

Owen Taylor wrote:

Note that GTK+ has not supported catgets since we added libintl
support in GTK+-1.2. :-)

If someone wants to decipher glib/Makefile.in.in (installed
by glib-gettextize) make sure that po2tbl.sed.in really isn't
needed and make a patch excising it, that would be usefulk.

What I meant is that gettext <= 0.10.35 could be compiled in a compatibility mode, such that the libintl functions acted as wrappers for the system catgets API, and the app just used the standard gettext API not needing to know about catgets. So gtk+-1.2 can easily use catgets through the gettext package.

The po2tbl.sed.in was used to convert a .po file into the format used by the catgets utilities. With the newer versions (which have extra features not found in catgets or other implementations of gettext), the compatibility code was removed, so po2tbl.sed.in is no longer needed.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/