Re: the separator in GtkDialog

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:15:34AM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> You _cannot_ turn them off. This is a broken usage, and is likely
> to cause your program to GtkCritical once we put in an appropriate
> warnings.
>
> Applications should never deviate from the standard look
> "because it looks better". If it looks better, then it needs
> to be standard.

	I agree 100%.  We should change the standard look.  The fact
that everyone I know who has cared about this uses the "broken" usage
seems to point to this.  Maybe a vote on gtk-devel or so, but I was so
happy to turn them off for the clean appearance.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #20

	"Be forgiving of yourself and others."