Re: RFC: renaming libgobject

Owen Taylor wrote:

> And it got worse from there. If you have better ideas, or
> good reasons to keep the library libgobject, let us know.
> Otherwise, I'll make the change in a few days.

I think GObject is just fine: it reinforces the fact that the library
serves as the object-oriented framework.  But that's not all it used
for.  It's used for just about every possible type: abstract types,
generic types, boxed types, interface types, member (ParamSpec) types,
and of course class types.

So the name GType might also be appropriate.

Eric.