Re: BMP loader patch for general improvement

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 02:25:07PM -0400, jrb redhat com wrote:
> Helmethead <hoshem mel comcen com au> writes:
>
> > I have a patch that does a bunch of stuff to the bmp loader:
> >
> >   adds 16 bpp bmp support (bug #53884)
> >   adds OS/2 1.x format bmp support (bug #54964)
> >   adds 4 bpp RLE compressed bmp support
> >   adds 1 bpp colormap support
> >   fixes negative height (top down) bmp support
> >
> > Also it makes the loader robust.
>
> Committed.  I have one small code readability comment -- you should
> probably make phase an enum so I know what 0, 1 and 2 mean.
>
> I gave it a quick once over and it looks much more robust, though it
> still needs a proper auditing.
>
> Thanks for the patch,
> -Jonathan

Cool, that was quick :)
The phase values are, in elongated terms,
	0 = 'reset, ready for a 2 byte RLE code'
	1 = 'Absolute value escape received, ready for absolute value sequence'
	2 = 'End of image received, any further data >/dev/null'
Since you've already committed I won't make another diff though.