Re: #52434 - Lock accelerators by default

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> So here is the patch slightly modified to add a global
> "gtk-accelerators-locked" user preference which controls whether
> accelerators are actually unlocked when the program unlocks them.
> i.e. if the program says "yes I handle unlocked accelerators" by
> calling gtk_widget_unlock_accelerators(), then the user setting comes

By this, Havoc meant that the code creating the menu items - e.g.
GtkItemFactory or GnomeAppHelper, calls gtk_widget_unlock_accelerators() -
to indicate that it is able to handle accelerator setting.

The point of this is to avoid having changeable accelerators on
fthings like option menus created by hand, even if the user
has globally enabled changeable menus.