Re: gdk-pixbuf 0.11.0 changes

On 03 May 2001 23:46:44 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Your patch should be against the gdk-pixbuf version in GTK+ 2.0 most
> likely, since that is the devel version. If you want to do the stable
> gdk-pixbuf in addition that might be OK, but the devel version patch
> is probably mandatory or when people port to GTK 2 your functionality
> will suddenly disappear. i.e. you don't want to do stable branch only
> since that guarantees a future feature regression.

I have no plans to port this to GTK+ 2.0, until it's in debian.  I'm
writing this to manage textures in nautilus, so I guess I'll just hold
onto it until it's been tested more.  I wonder how you're supposed to
support headerless formats denoted by file extention?  It seems like gdk
frowns on nonheadered formats - which I can understand, but you can to
byte checks compared to fseek(END) to make sure your dims fit the data
-- so at worse you see random data rendered as an image.

> Anyhow, would love to have new loaders, feel free to post your code in
> any stage of development and ask for feedback.

okie, I'll sit on it until I have it on par with my lib or so...

cheers,
Terry

| GooseEgg    http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net       |
| QuakeForge  http://www.quakeforge.net             |
| Personal    http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440        |
|      Death is running Debian GNU/Linux            |