Bug 50199: Color selector hardcodes size of entries

I've been taking a look at this bug, because it looked like it might be
straight-forward to produce a patch for, and it might even be possible
that the problem has disappeared, due to the color selection dialog
switching from text entries to spinbuttons.

During testing, I have not been able to modify the font used for my
Gtk+ test application.
Modifying my ~/.gtkrc-2.0  allowed me to change colors and other things,
however I could not change the font.
(Modifying my ~/.gtkrc file produced the correct results for gtk+-1.2.8
apps.)
I assume the font is being controlled by Pango.
Searching gtk docs, pango docs, and the pango site, I could not find
information on configuring pango applications & fonts... sigh.

I wonder if anyone might be able to describe how to configure my app to
use a different font, such as providing a simple ~/.pangorc file.
Thanks...

Additionally, is it possible that the [FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED] font
configuration stuff should be removed from GTKRC processing?

Jamie Strachan