Re: Keybindings comparison

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 07:47:49PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> We have posted Calum's keybindings work-in-progress to
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/keyboardnav_np.html
>
> There are three (non-blank) columns, one for Java (Win32 look & feel),
> one for MSWin, and one for GTK+-1.2.9.

Does anybody know whether there's a Qt and/or KDE list of navigation
keys?  There's some stuff on

	http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/keys/cursorKeys.html

and

	http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/keys/dialogNavigation.html

but not very much.  The Qt documentation at

	http://doc.trolltech.com/

looks, at least from the titles on the links, to be largely
programmer-oriented API documentation.

I think the Motif keyboard navigation stuff is somewhat Windows-like
(for example, F10 is the "activate menu bar" key in Motif as well).

Some amount of harmonization of keybindings on various X toolkits might
be nice (in the best of all possible worlds, my fingers wouldn't have to
know who wrote the toolkit the application at which I'm typing...).