Re: New GTK+ anti-aliasing patch posted

On 12 Mar, Keith Packard wrote:

> Anyone know if these patches will work with evolution and nautilis?
> I'm (nearly) desparate for a replacement e-mail package...

 There are several things to take care off; Nautilus uses freetype2 for
 some amount of text rendering so that will always be AA, but then it also
 uses GAL widgets which seem to do some rendering on there own and thus
 need different patches (as does Evolution BTW) and then Nautilus also
 embeds Mozilla which also does rendering on it's own and thus needs
 a different patch again. Evolution should work more or less except for
 the GAL thingie IIRC.

 However there's not much I can do at the moment because I'm working
 over VNC most of the time which is based on XFree86 3.3. Thus I'd
 rather see Gtk+2.0 and Pango comming closer to real useability so
 one can get quality rendering without those nasty dependencies.

--

Servus,
       Daniel