Re: Use of GObject properties in GTK+ 2.0
- From: Eric Lemings <eric b lemings lmco com>
- To: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain ireland sun com>, Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Use of GObject properties in GTK+ 2.0
- Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:44:26 -0700
Tim Janik wrote:
> with the freeze and thaw notify fucntions in gobject, a bunch of properties
> can queue up that notification is required for. the actuall notification will
> then be emitted at thaw time, causing multiple GObject::notify signals with
> different details (the details being the property names).
> if you implement a listener that does some expensive action in response to
> property changes, you'd probably rather be notified with the whole list of
> properties that have changed than on each individual property. in that case
> you'd connect to ::properties_changed. the most frequent use though is
> people connecting to GObject::notify::<detail>.
Maybe I missing something but what is the difference in connecting to
the ::properties_changed signal and the ::notify signal without using a
detail? Or MUST you provide a detail for the ::notify signal?
] [Thread Prev