Re: Can't compile GLib 1.3.5 on Cygwin

"Jeff Z" <egtk hotmail com> writes:

> Hi Owen Taylor,
>
> I checkouted GLib from CVS Yesterday (cvs -z3 checkout glib).
> However, I can't compile it on Cygwin. (I've installed autoconf 2.13,
> automake 1.4a,automake-1.4-p1, and libtool 1.4 on Cygwin).

The cygwin support for GLib wasn't expected to work out of the
box until we switched over to libtool-1.4, since it needed
features from libtool-1.4.

We switched to libtool-1.4 betwen glib-1.3.5 and glib-1.3.6, but I
don't know if anybody has actually tested glib-1.3.6 with Cygwin - I
certainly can't provide any real help debgging problems. I've CC'ed
Stefan Ondrejicka, who contributed the changes for Cygwin support.
He may have some ideas.