Re: Tales of GNOME and DRI (doh!)

On 11 Jul 2001 12:11:50 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I don't really see how this is relevant to GTK+ ... I suppose GTK+
> _could_ have some sort of ::screenshot_yourself signal on GtkWidget
> but that seems highly inappropriate.

It was at first thought that the a copy of the GL frame buffer would
have to be passed, then disable the direct rendering context and grab
the X root then bltt.  But read below...

> I'm not clued into the issues involved here, but it seems to me more
> appropriate to put any hooks needed here actually into the DRI
> infrastructure. Trying to attack the problem of say, making a
> screenshot including multiple OpenGL from the toolkit or application
> side seems jury-rigged and probably quite unreliable.

It turns out it is a bug in X and I'm working on a solution at the real
problem.  It's a return ( or was it never fixed? ) of the X_QueryColors
bug, that just happened to affect xwd and other apps used by said teams
independently.  I've got a hack solution for xwd right now, and I'm
getting the source to patch it this week.  By the way I found this out
via IRIX documentation and some traces, if anyone else has this problem
with overlays/OpenGL/etc in the future.  =)

Sorry about that guys, everyone jumped at once when several projects had
the same issue...  wolf indeed  ;)

cheers,
Terry

| GooseEgg    http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net       |
| OpenRaider  http://openraider.sourceforge.net     |
| QuakeForge  http://www.quakeforge.net             |
| Personal    http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440        |
|      Death is running Debian GNU/Linux            |