Re: www.gtk.org updated

Shawn T Amundson <amundson eventloop com> writes:
> I updated www.gtk.org a bit.  I'm not done yet, but I am open
> to suggestions.  In any case, at least there are no more dead
> links and things like Pango and Inti are listed.  The Freshmeat
> stuff is gone.

The bug tracker page should probably point to bugzilla.gnome.org now,
instead of debbugs.

> I'd like to know how people think the front page should
> describe GTK+ and GLib.  I don't think the current descriptions
> for GLib or GDK are all that good - I took them from the 1.2
> release announcement.

Here's a possible first draft:

 GLib      - general purpose utility library for C programming
 Pango     - general purpose internationalized text handling library,
             http://www.pango.org
 GdkPixbuf - extensible image loading and manipulation library
 GDK       - Drawing Kit, provides a uniform interface to the target windowing
             system. Existing targets include the X Window System,
             Microsoft Windows, the Linux framebuffer, and NanoX.
 GTK+      - GIMP Tool Kit, provides high-level widgets such as buttons,
             dialogs, and text boxes.

Havoc