Re: selectable labels

Pavel Machek <pavel ucw cz> writes:
> ghex is not using GtkText (alt-f does not have any effect in it), but
> that's probably not the point.

Must be eating alt-f some other way then. Maybe just a bug.

> Maybe defining F10 to always be menu would help here? You could leave
> alt-f to word forward and have F10,f for accessing
> menu. (Alternatively, you could use "windows" key or "meta" key; they
> are more common then I'd like :-).

There's the usability problem Calum mentioned, and also as I mentioned
earlier at the moment GTK has no concept of "the menubar" inside a
window, right now you can have 6 menubars in a stack in the middle of
your window, GTK just does not keep track of these things. Menubars
are just any other widget.

That will probably change eventually with a dock widget type of deal,
but not for GTK 2.

Havoc